When French immigrant Henry Foeller started his practice in 1898, little did he know that it would be sustained and grow into Berners-Schober, one of the state's oldest architectural/ engineering firms. With the addition of Max Schober in 1906 and Edgar Berners in 1928, the name-sakes of the firm began to gain recognition for their work in Green Bay and Brown County. Starting with many residential projects, the firm soon began its focus on community buildings: schools, churches, libraries and hospitals. In 1928, the firm designed their own office building in downtown Green Bay; a now historic building where our offices still reside.
Through prolific production and longevity, Berners-Schober has accumulated an archive of several thousand buildings, including many of Green Bay's most well-known landmarks. This impressive body of work has been recognized by the City of Green Bay Redevelopment Authority for its importance to Northeast Wisconsin. Firm principles have remained much the same throughout firm history: to create functional designs and lasting landmarks that meet current needs while remaining flexible for the future. We look to improve the lives of our employees and our neighbors through our work and participation in the communities in which we live.